Senior law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation into the Las Vegas shooting told NBC News on Friday that they are puzzled by two discoveries. Investigators are now trying to determine if other people were in Stephen Paddock’s hotel room while he was checked in there.
The first puzzling discovery? A cell phone charger that doesn’t match any of the phones owned by the Las Vegas gunman was found in his hotel room. The second? Garage records reveal that during a period while Paddock’s car had left the hotel garage, one of his key cards was used to enter his suite.
Senior law enforcement officials told NBC that there are still many potential explanations for these puzzling discoveries, but they want to get to the bottom of it.
Investigators are also said to be examining Paddock’s finances. IRS records reveal the gunman was a professional gambler and made more than $5 million in 2015. In addition to frequently staying at casinos and visiting gun shops, CNN is reporting that according to an anonymous law enforcement source who asked not to be identified, Paddock took 20 cruises, including stops at ports in Spain, Italy, Greece, Jordan, and the United Arab Emirates.
The information reportedly provided to CNN did not specify the cruise line involved, the type of cruises, or when the cruises occurred. According to this source, authorities now believe Paddock rigged his car to explode if it was fired upon.
The Las Vegas gunman’s motive for carrying out the massacre is still not yet known.
(None of this information should be taken at face value, regardless of the source, and should always be questioned and critically analyzed for one to come to their own conclusions.)
More coverage of the Las Vegas shooting:
- Who Was Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock And What Was His Motive
- 5 Fast Facts You Need To Know About The Massacre In Las Vegas
- 16 Unanswered Questions About The Las Vegas Shooting Mainstream Media Doesn’t Want To Talk About
- Five Glaring Inconsistencies In The Vegas Shooting That Need To Be Addressed
- Riveting Audio Details From Vegas Crime Scene MSM Won’t Share
- Vegas Police Reveal 3 Major Facts: Admit Gunman Had Help—He Left Note—Confirm ‘Mystery Woman’
- Eerie Predictions In Vegas … Cui Bono?